Why is my back needle bent or broken?
Please always insert the pen needle into pen horizontally and do not hold an angle to insert the pen needles.
Why dose insulin leak from the pen needle tip when insert it into a pen?
There is always pressure inside the insulin pen. When inserting pen needle into the pen, the pressure will make insulin go out of pen needle, which is normal for all needles.
Why dose the insulin leak from pen or my skin?
1. Check whether you insert the needle correctly, and if you insert the needle with an angle, the back needle might be bent or even broken, then insulin cannot go into the needle and will leak from the pen
2. After injection, always hold for at least 5-10 seconds to assure all insulin go into the skin, otherwise insulin will leak from the body
3. Rotate the injection site to prevent from lipomatosis, which will cause the skin to be hard and difficult for insulin absorption
Why is my insulin injection so painful?
1. Pain might be related to many reasons, including insulin, needle and the site you choose.
2. There is quite a few cases that if need inserts directly on nerves, it will cause pain, but the chance is very little.
3. Do not reuse pen needle as needle tip might be damaged for multiple use, which will cause pain.
4. Rotate the injection site to prevent from lipomatosis which will cause the skin to be hard and difficult for injection. This will cause pain as well.
5. Can choose shorter or thinner needle (32G – 33G/4mm) for injection, which will have less chance of pain.
6. Do not inject insulin in big volume at one time. You can divide it into several injections if more dosage (>120 U) is needed.
7. You can choose Verifine Insulin Pen Needles. Every needle is inspected by CCD to assure the good penetration. And there is no burr or damage on the needle tip, together with good silicon coating technology for smooth injection to ease pain.
Why is my insulin pen needle blocked?
1. Check whether you insert the needle correctly. If you insert the needle with an angle, the back needle might be bent or even broken, then insulin cannot go into the needle.
2. Do not reuse the pen needles. If you use it for several times, insulin will remain inside the pen needle and crystalized to block the needle.
3. Always do a priming test to assure that the needle is not blocked.
4. You can choose Verifine Pen Needle. Each needle is tested to assure good flow by air blow test.
Why is there blood during my injection and afterwards there will be bruise?
1. There can be blood if needle by chance meet the blood vessel in the skin, but this is normal for all needle brands in the market, and it will not affect the injection.
2. The bruise is also normal when needle breaks the blood vessel in the skin, then bleeding will cause bruise after some times, but this is also normal for all needles.
3. Even though with blood or bruise, needle injection will not cause pain and insulin dosage will not be affected.
4. Do not reuse pen needle as needle tip might be damaged for multiple use, which will cause more chances of bleeding
5. Can choose shorter or thinner needle (32G – 33G/4mm) for injection, which will have less chance of bleeding.